|Use your browser's Print button to Print this recipe page|
1½ lbs. lean ground beef
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
1½ tbs. olive oil
2½ tbs. chopped fresh lovage (oregano/sage mix may
2 slices of brown bread, crust removed
salt and pepper
1. Put the ground beef into a bowl, and add the
onion, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Soak the bread in milk for 5 - 10 minutes, then
squeeze as dry as possible. Add to the beef mixture.
3. Mix all the ingredients together with the hands.
4. Put the mixture into a greased 2 lb. loaf pan,
cover with foil and bake at 350º F for 1½ hours or until
5. Turn out onto a serving dish. Serve hot
or cold in slices.
Designed 1999 By Texas Billybob
Billybob backwoods Recipe
World's Best Recipe